Re: Honda 2000 - Saw it last night

To: Ajhsys@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Honda 2000 - Saw it last night
From: Jim Rowan <jimrowan@uic.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 16:30:57 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
At 03:49 PM 9/17/99 -0400, you wrote:
> The Honda has a 9000 RPM redline, but how long will
>that engine last at those speeds?

Do you really have to ask that question? It's a Honda!
The Integra R-Type is similarly rev happy
and there have been no consumer gripes about its
reliability. Remember the consumers who buy these cars
(Civic Si, Integra GSR & R-type) are young
leadfooted boy-racers who test that redline daily.
Engine break-in period? Ha, these kids take it off the dealer
lot and onto the strip. Now the chaps who buy the S2000 will
be leadfooted boy-racer wannabes with a fair amount of dosh to spare.
Wish I was one of them but 10K over sticker (42K) is a bit too much for me.
I'd pick up a used NSX and have about 7K left for another LBC.

Cheers,
Jim