Re: Got my dream car.

To: <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: Got my dream car.
From: grbyrns@ucdavis.edu (Glen Byrns)
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 07:59:14 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Keith,  you would enjoy seeing the custom manifold the previous owner made
for the turbo.  Beautifully welded, it closely couples the intake and
exhaust such that the single SU opens back toward the drivers footwell and
the exhaust pipe aims forward where the oversize pipe does a quick 180 and
heads out the stock  exhaust exit.  The exhaust system is of a diameter that
would drain a Cummins diesel. I've got a pre-stripdown jpeg if you're
interested.  Luckily he used his skills on the head as well.  The porting is
excellent.  The engine is the only part of the car I will defer rebuilding
until after I have it running for a summer.  This man knew his engines and
set this one up to scream.

        That reminds me I have the original tach available someone in need,
as he swaped out for one that covers the high end a bit better.
                                Regards, Glen