Got my dream car.

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Got my dream car.
From: Glen <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 20:54:31 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
A short story to share with the list.
        In 1979 I was 17 years old and interested in cars. A young man across
the street bought a 59 bugeye for
$500 and set to work restoring it.  In the process, he taught me everything he
knew about car repair as I
passed him the wrenches.  I went off to college and he drove off in a beautiful
red bugeye with a tricked out
948cc.

Thirty years passed.

        I reconnected with the 'young man' from across the street last month.
That bugeye had been sitting in
his gargage for the last 12 years.  Now green, sporting a bored and ported
1275cc with a single SU feeding a
Rayjay turbocharger.  After a brief period of pathetic pleading from the
kneeling position the car is mine.
Trailered to Davis, CA and tucked safely in MY garage.  Total restoration now
under way slated for completion
this spring.
        Multiple queries about the best way to do this or that will hit the
list in the winter months to
follow.
                                        Regards, Glen Byrns