Re: engine lift

To: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Subject: Re: engine lift
From: Swift Justice <samesq@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 09:45:22 -0700
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

William M. Gilroy wrote: .

> As an aside does anyone know of a high quality and repairable jack that
> will lift my cars about 36 inches?  When your car is 30 inches off the
> ground it is easier to move about underneath.  What I really want is a
> lift but that is far to costly at this point in my life.

    I believe Griot's garage has a rolling floor jack that might lift that high.
It is in their latest catalog, but I did not see it on their website
http://www.griotsgarage.com  They advertise it has having a very low jacking
point
in the front, so that you can slip it under cars with even very low spoilers or
suspension points, etc.  Sounds like a good thing to get under the spring pan
of a
spridget front suspension....

    As I recall it was fairly pricey,(the figure $250 sticks in my mind)  as is
just about everything they sell.  But quality is always no.1, at least with what
I've bought.  The jack is supposedly european made, as are most of the things
they
sell.  Might be worth a look.

Steve.
--
Steve McGee

 Life is unpredictable.  Eat dessert first.