Re: Undercoating

To: grbyrns@ucdavis.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Undercoating
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 08:09:41 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 9/26/99 12:02:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
grbyrns@ucdavis.edu writes:

<<  Does anyone have any opinions on 3M Rubberized Undercoating. >>

I plan to use it on the floor pans inside as well as on all hidden welds.  It
is great for sealing against rust inside as well as outside, giving a bit
more of insulation,and especially sound deadening the panels.   An old
British car mechanic who has  probably worked on and dissassembled more LBCs
than we all own on this list told me the ones that have been rubber-coated on
the inside will always have less floor pan and frame rust.

I Will probably spray it inside the door skins too.  Outside, I have heard
mixed reviews--most seem to favor just priming and painting the undercarraige
and wheel wells.

--David.