Re: Question re: '60 Bugeye

To: Richard Villegas <villegas@home.com>
Subject: Re: Question re: '60 Bugeye
From: Herb_Goede@amsinc.com
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 21:09:02 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

Richard,

I have had a Bugeye for 26 years.  My family's first Midget was purchased
overseas in 1964.  In all of that time I cannot recall ever seeing a bugeye
with the cutout behind the seat that came from the factory that way.  Of
course that does not mean that one does not exist.  However, it is much
more likely that it has been modified after leaving Abingdon.  It may
actually have been purchased that way originally.  Dealers did some very
strange things back then.

I'd love to know more about this car.  Check the aluminum cockpit surround
in the back.   Compare it to an early MII Sprite/MkI Midget.  My guess is
that it was modified.  Of course, the best way to figure it out is to call
the British Motoring Heritage folks.  They'd know.  Let us know what you
figure out.

Herb G.