MG's at Mercer

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: MG's at Mercer
From: Jason Urban <jurban@p3.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 14:31:35 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Now Saturday was a GREAT day for a show!  Temps in the 70's, sun, and a
nice brisk morning drive.  Hopefully, those who attended the show have also
checked out the Tile Works, Fonthill(take the Halloween night-time tour of
the house - highly recommended!), and the museum.

The Philly MG Club put on a great show and many thanks for allowing other
British Cars.  Personal favorites were the 2 Land Rovers and the 3-wheel
Morgan.  I could sit and look at the exposed mechanicals on that thing all
day!

It was good to meet up with some people on the list.  Biff Jones and I were
the only Sprites.  It's amazing how original Biff's '62 is!  Allen Hefner's
Midget is a sharp one.  While standing talking to Allen, watching the
magnetic SCCA stickers slide down the door, we wondered where Larry Macy
could be.  Well, over by the entrance we notice this strange, flashy car.
Gotta be the Artero, but where's Larry?? - over getting food!

No Sprites took awards.  A Big Healey took the A-H award - surprised??  Did
anyone get a total count of all cars??  I'd guess over 100.  And does
anyone have an address of the Nash's who had the '51 Bentley??

The Sprite axles held up well.  I had spent Friday night finishing the
competition axle install and cleaning up the car for the show.  Although
the Sprite is not a daily driver, it was the driver of the weekend since
south eastern PA had great weather over the weekend.

Good to see ya'all!
Til next time.....
Jason.

|  Jason Urban - APOGEE LABS  215-699-2060    |
|  CA Recording Studio   web.p3.net/~jurban   |
|  '95 Z/28 6spd    '65 Austin-Healey Sprite  |
|  '96 Land Rover Disco                       |