RE: MkI & MkII Questions (LONG)

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MkI & MkII Questions (LONG)
From: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@gbc.ca>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 15:08:33 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

 I find that the most interesting thing about Bugeye Sprites (and Datsun
240Z's or 1974 Fiat X1/9's etc. etc. etc.) is that, because the cars were so
inexpensive and easy to "personalize" when they were new, it is vitually
impossible to find one that has not been modified, improved, hot rodded,
1275's, 5-speeded, mag wheeled etc. etc. etc.

What makes the Spridgets unique (in my opinion) is that people who love to
restore the cars to absolutely original condition (or maintain them that
way, as Biff is doing with the 1700 mile car) can co-exist with the "we
tight" crowd who still love to get their hands dirty and produce their own
personal dream machine. Unfortunately it is rare if not impossible to find
this co-existence when it comes to Big Healeys, Jag XK's and E's, Triumph
TR3-4's etc. etc.

Personally I love the completely original aspect. But I would love to try a
hot 1275 with a 5-speed.

Spridgets were always designed to be a "hands-on" car. I hope and pray that
never changes. So break out a bottle of hand cleaner and celebrate!

Daniel58612