Re: MkI & MkII Questions (LONG)

To: Herb_Goede@amsinc.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MkI & MkII Questions (LONG)
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 10:23:17 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 10/6/99 9:29:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Herb_Goede@amsinc.com writes:

<< I'll need to disagree slightly with Frank.  It won't be the first or last
 time.  Just like anything else a car is only worth what someone is willing
 to pay for it.  A  In my experience it is easier to sell one in close to
 original condition than one that has been customized.  "Improvement" is in
 the eye of the beholder.  Original is much less subjective. >>

There you go, perpetrating another old thread!  :-)  (Smiley inserted here
means I'm not complaining!)

There are no black and white issues when it comes to this hobby.  My Midget
is not original, and was not when I bought it.  It had been de-toxed and the
ZS carb was replaced with a Weber.  I still like it, but there is a part of
me that would like to have a completely original car.

There was a Sprite at MGs at Mercer last weekend that has only 1700 original
miles on it.  It is the lowest mileage Sprite in the US, and probably the
second lowest in the world.  There is one with only 5 miles on the clock in
the museum in Abingdon.  It would be a shame to change that car in any way.
It even has the original tires.  But for a daily driver, I see no reason that
it shouldn't be up to the owner to make it comfortable, or to make it handle
better or a little quicker, if he or she so desires.

To each his own.  Just make sure you have fun with your LBC!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport