Re: On Marriage..... (and Spridgets)

To: Lancer7676@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: On Marriage..... (and Spridgets)
From: PeggyB <pete62@wenet.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1999 10:37:27 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Brought to mind a memory and an observation....
First the observation: when my husband bought the MGMidget I took one ride
in it and decided it was not for me...too scary...no protection from the
big trucks, etc.  Well, now I am hooked....and once you get hooked you are
HOOKED - I want my own!  Preferably a pre 1970 (as long as it is a Spridget
of some sort I'm not real picky<G>).  In the meantime we enjoy lots of
driving in the MG plus I have my own BritishCar (TR7) -- don't laugh -- it
has a mega sunroof and loves to GO.  But I still want a Spridget to call my
Now the memory:  You bought a Spridget while your wife was away from home
-- years ago when my husband was on a business trip I bought a pony
(imagine his surprise/dismay)  -- at least you don't have to shovel up
fertilizer!!