1500 Tranny

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1500 Tranny
From: "Brent, Tatiana & Monito Wolf" <brent.wolf@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1999 21:02:30 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
The Midget is in more pieces today, removed the engine/tranny.

Transmission:
When I drained the tranny, I found little bits of metal.  This may be part
of the reason it rattled at about 55. What to do? Leave it - I don't think
so. Other options:  Rebuild - If so, what is the difficulty of this process?
Are Rebuilt Trannies available, approx cost?
Have a shop rebuild - Approx. cost.
Replace with 5 speed conversion - (Need much info on this but very
interested)

Engine:
Only has 50,000 miles on it and it runs good: plenty of power,  60 - 80 psi
oil pressure on start, 30 - 40 at idle after warm, no overheating, it run a
little rich, but the carb needs an overhaul.  But while its out should I
tear it down.  I did not do a compression test before I started to tear into
the car (I guess I was a little to anxious - wanted to get started so I
could get finished, so I could drive it) Looks like PO had most of the
covers off at one time or another. They all leak. No smog equipment at all,
(and won't be when done either). Oil pan has a small dent in it (nothing
major).

Any recommendations, suggestions, "Watch-out-for"s will be greatly
appreciated.

TIA

Brent

76' (even more pieces than anticipated)