Re: 1500 Tranny

To: Daniel1312@aol.com
Subject: Re: 1500 Tranny
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 15:37:29 -0400
Cc: ckotting@iwaynet.net, Lancer7676@aol.com, brent.wolf@gte.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Daniel1312@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 11/10/99 01:15:11 GMT Daylight Time, wmgilroy@lucent.com
> writes:
>
> << I think they sell the kit without the gearbox,
>  but I am not sure what gearbox is required, >>
>
> I think it is the Ford Merkur though there are variations on input shaft
> length for the Ford Type Nine box.  You can also use a variety of other
> clutches (Ford or AP Racing) if you wanted.
>
> Daniel1312

The kit uses a Ford T9 gearbox fitted to the Sierra in the UK and
frontline sells all the parts with or with the gear box.  The starter
kit (almost all the stuff you need) is about 416.00 pounds.  The
reconditioned gearbox adds 330.00 pounds. They offer other bits and
services, speedo recalibration, quick shift gear lever, etc.  Without
the tranny the price seems reasonable.  Not sure how this compares to
the cost of the Riverside kit for the 1275 engines.  Anyway frontline
answered my mail very quickly and will be sending me their info. package.
Drop them an e-mail for the full scoop.

--
William M. Gilroy
E-mail:    wmgilroy@lucent.com