UPS shhh.. revisited

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: UPS shhh.. revisited
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 15:56:32 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
When we last left our heros, they were trying to discover why CODs were not
being collected with the new UPS software system.
        That situation continues!
        Now, invoices are appearing for a $5.00 charge. Strangely enough these
charges coincide with COD shipments we expected to be reimbursed for.
        We asked what the charge was for. They say COD shipments. We say "but we
aren't getting paid". They say why should you?
        The key to the "misunderstanding"?
        COD means "collect on delivery" (to you and I)
        It ALSO means "Confirmation of Delivery"! A service provided by UPS.
Great. Now we're getting charged 5 bucks to be told that a package we
wanted to be paid for has been delivered without being paid for.
        Brings to mind what Will Rogers is said about "service"
        thanks for listening........ peter c