Re: Club Apathy (relatively long) -

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Club Apathy (relatively long) -
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 22:14:20 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I guess I've been very lucky with my local chapter of the AHCA (Atlanta).
Though most members have much nicer cars than mine, I've always been made
to feel very welcome. I know that many of them enjoy their cars on a
different level than I do mine, and vice versa. That's great! Variety is
the spice of life. As for hearing people question various non-original
items on my car, I handle that by the entries on the windshield show card:

Make: Austin-Healey
Model: DAILY BEATER!
Cost: Priceless

It says it all and reminds novices and old hands that there is another side
to enjoying these cars.  I couldn't care less if the car is not up to
someone else's standards unless we're talking performance or safety, and
even then, I don't care unless they have something to teach me. Hey, sort
of like this list!

Jeff Boatright    __o_\__           '65 Austin-Healey Sprite
http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~jboatri/sprite/sprite.html