Re: Oil Pressure-Cause for concern???

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure-Cause for concern???
From: "Andy Webster" <trunkie@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 07:14:24 GMT
Cc: cartman@dnai.com
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Greg
At the moment I'm using 20w-50 GTX2 just for running in, but  once 500 miles
is up I'm switching to penrite HPR 30 which is 20W-60.
For worn engines HPR 50(40w-70) is good and HPR40 is in between at 25w-70.
DOn't mean to sound like an ad but it is good oil. I have seen the
improvement in pressure that it gives in a worn engine.
I will also inform you that when my engine blew in August (#2 big end
bearing disintegrated) it had fairly fresh Mobil 1 in it. That proves
nothing but it had previously had penrite and been driven harder without
losing the plot.
You may have worn bearings along the crank to have such a drop in pressure
with temperature, as thats where I was at..60 at start, down to 20psi at
190'& 3000rpm and <10psi at hot idle (Mobil 1).
Andy