Re: Oil Pressure-Cause for concern???

To: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure-Cause for concern???
From: Paul Van Wig <topbroker@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 09:57:06 -0700
Cc: Andy Webster <trunkie@hotmail.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Our oil pressure is taken from the center main bearing not the oil galley like
most cars. So what you see on the gauge is what you get. Put an oil pressure
gauge before the oil filter and you will see much higher pressure. I have been
told by many folks that thicker oil will read higher pressure but it does not
lubricate as well as a 5-30 or 10-30.

Paul Van Wig
Long Beach,  CA
60 Bugeye