Re: Part Or Fix

To: "Larry Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Part Or Fix
From: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 10:52:17 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Larry,

If you've got the energy to do another one, I'd try to save it. The photos
of it don't look too bad, certainly a better start than the '68 I started
with, although mine didn't have any rust at all. I've always wanted a RWA
myself, so I would consider saving it. Does it have the engine?

The master cylinder: there are a couple tricks to taking apart the master
cylinder, but not to bad if you know what to do. Mostly requires a long
reach circlip pliers or craftiness with the right pait of needlenose
pliers. Dave Vrba refered me to this guy (info below) for a rebuild. I
talked to him on the phone and his price is quite reasonable for a brass
resleeve. Check him out. If you decide to dissasemble it, let me know and
I'll send you instructions. I've taken apart four or five of them, so I've
got it down.

Sierra Specialty Automotive   (Joe)
3494 Chandler Road
Quincy, CA  95971