Re: STP & engine temperatures

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: STP & engine temperatures
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 20:20:02 +1000
Cc: <Daniel1312@aol.com>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Aside from turbo bearings, I think the ring groves in a conventional
engine get hot enough to breakdown conventional oils.

Since synthetic oil doesn't start to breakdown until a much higher
tempertaure than conventional oils, they will not see the buildup of
failure by-products around the rings.

Mike