Re: Synthetic vs conventional (was Re: STP & engine temperatures)

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Synthetic vs conventional (was Re: STP & engine temperatures)
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 16:31:54 +1000
Cc: <Daniel1312@aol.com>, "Gerard Chateauvieux" <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
> Can you actually go that may mailes before an oil change with synthetics?
> What about the stuff that's suspended in the oil being in the engine that
> long?

That is what Mobil said in its ads of the time.

I can certainly say that the difference in the oil after a race meeting is
incredible - with Mobil 1, it looks like new (well, a little darker perhaps)
whereas conventional oil looks like it has had a seriously hard time.

Since the cost of oil and oil filters is small compared to the cost of a
race motor, I still change the stuff after every 2nd or 3rd meeting. I then
use
it in the water and fire pumps and petrol generators on the farm.