Campbell Hausfeld /junk or OK?

To: "Sprite List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Virtual 'Vairs" <virtualvairs@skiblack.com>
Subject: Campbell Hausfeld /junk or OK?
From: "Patton Dickson" <kpdii@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 16:55:50 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hey guys,

I know that we covered this to some extent a couple months ago, and it was
decided tat Lincoln was the best brand of welders.  Any thoughts on Campbell
Hausfeld?

I found a deal where I can get $100 off of any of the prices below, and even
though I don't have a project that needs a welding right now, I think that
it might be a good item to have in the garage.  Here are the three I am
thinking about, but I am leaning towards the MIG.Flux 130

Flux Core 85 Standard Duty Welder Mfr #: WF2010 $194.99
. Five-year warranty.
. Output/Input power: 30-85 A / 115 V.
. Duty cycle: 115% @ 70 A.
. Output current: DC.
. Easy-to-use system with electronic wire speed control.
. Requires no gas or regulator to weld.
. Welds up to 3/16" steel in one pass.
. Internal rectifier delivers smooth DC power.
. Convenient top-load system accepts 4" or 8" wire spools.
. Includes face shield, chipping hammer brush, and a starter spool of flux
core wire.

MIG.Flux 105 Serious Duty Wire Feed Welder Mfr #: WG3002 $299.99
. Five-year warranty.
. Output/Input Power: 30-105 amps / 115 volts.
. Duty Cycle: 20% @ 85 amps.
. Output Current: DC.
. Ideal for autobody fabrication and other repair projects.
. Welds up to 3/16"-thick steel in a single pass.
. MIG regulator kit included.
. System welds with MIG (gas) or flux core (gasless) wire.
. Infinite wire speed adjustment allows fine tuning of the weld.
. External polarity adjustment for easy flux to MIG conversion.

MIG.Flux 130 Serious Duty Wire Feed Welder Mfr #: WG3062 $409.99
. Five-year warranty.
. Output/Input power: 30-130 A / 115 V.
. Duty cycle: 20% @ 105 A.
. Output current: DC.
. Designed for professional repairs and fabrication work in small body
shops.
. Welds up to 3/16" steel in a single pass.
. Delivers the highest power and duty cycle for a 115 V MIG welder.
. MIG regulator kit included.
. System welds with MIG (gas) or flux core (gasless) wire.
. Infinite wire speed adjustment allows fine tuning of the weld.
. Includes full MIG kit-regulator, gas hose, and clamps.
. Also includes full helmet, starter spool of wire, extra nozzle and tips.

Does anyone have any experience with Campbell Hausfeld.  I know it is not
the best brand, but realistically, I will not be using it very often, but
figure I will use it more than the cost of renting will be.

Thanks.

Patton

---
Patton Dickson - Madison, MS - http://members.xoom.com/spridget/