Re: Campbell Hausfeld /junk or OK?

To: Patton Dickson <kpdii@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Campbell Hausfeld /junk or OK?
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 18:42:05 -0500
Cc: Sprite List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Patton Dickson wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I know that we covered this to some extent a couple months ago, and it was
> decided tat Lincoln was the best brand of welders.  Any thoughts on >
>Campbell Hausfeld?

Well just yesterday I threw out my Lincoln welder that I recieved last
Christmas. Of course it came from Home Defect and never worked right
from day one. Just tonight my neighbor who is a welder by trade stopped
by with his kids for Trick or Treat, I asked him if he needed any parts
for his small Lincoln, he said why? So I told him!
We fished it out of the garbage can and he looked at it. He said no
wonder it jams up, it's nothing like "MY REAL LINCOLN" cheap plastic
parts, really stupid self jamming wire feed design. He asked me what I
did with the wire spool parts, I told him your looking at it. No wonder
it jams! He said.
Turns out nothing on it was like his and he didn't want anything off it.
This was the same model and style as what he uses for mig welding all
the time but he bought his at a welding shop mine came from Home Defect.
So watch what you buy, look carefully at the wire feed, if the lock nut
and the wire, if they both turn clockwise, it will self tighten and lock
up the spool of wire. P*ss poor design with no easy fix.

And I almost calmed down after yesterdays 1 minute weld, 6 hour fix the
welder episode.
--
 Frank
 Drive it or give it to somebody that will