Re: Valve Adjustments revisited

To: "Spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Valve Adjustments revisited
From: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 19:50:58 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Dear List:

Thanks for the input and reassurance.  I learned how to do the adjustents by
watcing the Motorhead video, which several listers recommended to me.  That
video, unlike the Haynes manual and several of you, recommends doing the
adjustments when WARM.  Hmmm.  Perhaps they are just being overcautious?

Anyway, I drove about 100 miles since yesterday, and no problems cropped up.
And perhaps it was symbolic that while doing the adjustment, I drew blood
for the first time while tinkering.  Sort of like losing automotive
virginity, no?!

Happy Halloween.

Regards,

Charles