Re: Which AirCleaner?

To: Chuck Ciaffone <chuckc@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Which AirCleaner?
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 19:54:00 -0500
Cc: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Chuck Ciaffone wrote:

> Been playing with the Midget in this wonderfully warm
> weather. Got in from a ride today and decided to fiddle with the
> SUs a little. As  I began pulling the stock air cleaners, the
> idle started to rise. By the time I pulled them both, the
> idle was up 200 rpm. Howcum?

> So ... wot's the answer? How best to improve the performance
> of stock SUs? I hate to spend $200 on fancy air cleaners (K&N?).
> Is there a better way?

Nope!
But cheaper air cleaners (not stock and not those silly thin pancake
jobs) will make a difference.
Of course you can always drill lots of holes in the stock air filter
cans.
It works, I was 17 and even tighter back in those days.
Did you ever flip the air filter cap on your V8 American car back in the
60s/70s?

--
 Frank
 Drive it or give it to somebody that will