Re: Spridgetstock 2000 - LONG

To: fisher@hctc.net, Lancer7676@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spridgetstock 2000 - LONG
From: Bkitterer@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 03:11:48 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Elizabeth and List,
In a message dated 11/1/99 7:37:57 PM, fisher@hctc.net writes:

<<Kerrville is about 25 miles from here - so it is possible that you may want
to stay here and commute to the event.  I don't have a problem with that -
but I don't want to step on anyone's toes - so, if that is a problem, will
someone please tell me. Would it be best to contact Edie Lowery to inform him
of what we plan to do? >>

This is not a advertisement even if it sounds that way<G> The Texas Healey
RoundUp draws about 20 Sprites plus a whole lot of big Healeys, there are
three AHCA Chapters in Texas.  This is the 20th year for the RoundUp so they
are expecting a larger than normal turn out.  The RoundUp draws folks from
coast to coast.  It is a non-stop event starting Friday evening and ending
about noon on Sunday.  It includes a silly event on Friday; a Popular Choice
Show and a ralley on Saturday with a banquet that evening.    Sunday starts
with a  gymkana and is followed by the awards brunch.  We have attended this e
vent for the past two years and it is a real kick.  I do not think that you
need to be concerned about stepping on anyone’s toes.  If you let them know
what you are planning you may end up with a REALLY BIG crowd.  On the other
hand you may get lots of offers to help also.

<<If Listers wanted to come down a few days before, or stay a few days after,
that would be fine with me too. We have some beautiful countryside here, some
great LBC roads, and the local antique 'industry' would be more than happy to
take your money from you.  My mother, from England,  will be here during that
time frame, so you'll have at least four 'Limeys' to deal with (to include my
two daughters).>>

If it is alright we would like to come in on Thursday, April 6 and leave our
rig with you while we go to the RoundUp on Friday and Saturday.  Then come
back on Sunday and spend a few days.  We will be traveling with a 26 ft.
motor home and if all goes well towing the Mk III.  If the Mk III does not
get done then we will trailer the bugeye, this adds another 18 ft to the rig.

<<If I have forgotten anything. then please remind me.  Oh - what do you
think about inviting the local chapter of the MG association (San Antonio) to
join us for the BBQ.?  We are members, but don't attend the meetings, I am
afraid, but they are a decent enough set of people - and they may have some
items that they could add to the swap meet,  besides their camaradarie
and experiences.>>

Including the MG Association sounds like a great idea.

If there is anything we can bring or help with lets us know.

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk III (in boxes) (Trevor ?)(almost out of the trailer)
Judson Supercharger (in boxes)