Side view mirror problem

To: "Spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Side view mirror problem
From: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 18:23:59 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Dear List:

Well, if its not one thing, its another.  I was out driving around moments
ago, and needed to adjust the drivers side view mirror.  First I noticed
that it was rather stiff.  Another application of force (not all  that much
actually) and the mirror fell off in my hand.  Apparently the connecting
rod, or bolt, rusted apart.  What are people's experience in this matter?
Can I just get another bolt?  It looks really difficult to re-thread it
through into the mirror base.

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget (now with a really big blind spot)
cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com
Bloomfield, NJ