Re: rear springs movement

To: <Andrew.Griffith@ReadRite.com>
Subject: Re: rear springs movement
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 08:40:55 +1100
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
The wheels are 13x5", the tyres Hoosier Street TDs

No panel work was required, nor allowed in that class of racing. i.e. it is
totally stock panel work, trim, suspension and brakes. OK, springs, ride
height,
damper fluid/valves, and brake friction materials are free. Engine has to be
less than +0.060" and original block and head (though it can be ported with
big valves, can be shaved). Cam is free, exhaust is free, inlet manifold and
air filters free.. Webers allowed  since they were a Special Tuning
catalogue item.

Panhard rod is not allowed either in that class. On a couple of my other
cars,
I have a Winners' Circle panhard rod on the bugeye (it came with it). It is
a nice
unit and can recommend it.. On another I have a home built unit. It works
equally
well.

Note that once the body roll is controlled, the tyre starts to rub on the
rear inner
guard. To combat this I used a wire wheel banjo (narrower). I now get very
little
rubbing.

Mike