Speedo calibration question

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Speedo calibration question
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 20:25:18 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Do any of you listers know the correct number of feet to roll a car for
the speedo calibration results to send Nisonger?
This past summer while attending a wedding for a friends daughter, I was
seated next to the Nisonger rep (small world) He did explain how to roll
the car 54 feet, ???inches and count the tire revolutions. This I can do
but I forgot the numer of inches.
I have to send out the speedo on the A40 since it reads 70+ mph when
it's only going about 30. The speedo has been "funky" the last few
months according to my daughter but I recently replaced the speedo cable
(thanks Peter) and tested it only to see it is stuck at 35 MPH when
stopped and goes up from ther as soon as you start rolling. But it pins
out at 80 on the hiway ;)
With Toyota 5 speed, a Sprite 3.9 rear and bigger tires, I just want to
have a speedo rebuilt to what I have.

TIA
--
 Frank
 Drive it or give it to somebody that will