Re: Speedo calibration question

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Speedo calibration question
From: "David Riker" <davidr@sunset.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 18:58:56 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Go to:
http://www.paspeedo.com/
these complete instructions and form are on their website.

To determine the actual ratio of your vehicle, please follow the test
outlined below.
Check if the tire pressure is the same as advised by the factory
specifications.

Measure (by making chalk or tape marks) a distance of 52 feet 9 1/2 inches.

Unscrew the speedometer cable at the speedometer head.

Mark the inner core with a paper flag, paper clip or preferably a hairpin.

Push or drive the vehicle over the entire distance, counting the full and
partial revolutions of the cable.

Always roll the vehicle towards the first (A) marking until you see the
inner core start turning to eliminate the gear clearance. Before you start
counting, mark the part of the vehicle that is exactly over the beginning of
the line. Stop counting when the marked portion of the vehicle is exactly
over the end of the line (B).

It is important to verify you have no gear slippage, therefore do the test
three times.

Send the "Test Form" along with your gauge for proper calibration.

David Riker
74 Midget
78 Midget
63 Falcon