Muffler Customizing

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Muffler Customizing
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 07:59:26 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I just ordered a Thrush Muffler from Summit Racing Equipment for $16.95
(actually it was just over $25 with S&H) to replace the small resonator and
the cross muffler on the back of my '79 Midget.  The Thrush is 17" long with
1 3/4" inlet and outlet.  I am going to use a 1 1/2" to 1 3/4" reducer in
front of the muffler, welded to the muffler, and a straight piece of 1/3/4"
tailpipe out of the muffler .   This will eliminate the ugly cross muffler
that sits behind and below the gas tank.

Any thoughts, ideas, or been there, done thats?   Thanks guys.

Expecting it to sound mighty good too.   8^)

--David C.