Re: Muffler Customizing

To: Lancer7676@aol.com, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Muffler Customizing
From: ulix <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 09:35:43 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
David,

I have read that sudden changes in diameter, even from small to big, are
not a good idea in the exhaust pipe.  It upsets the shockwaves :-) or
something like that.  But since you are doing this all the way at the
end of the pipe, you should be fine.

Another thing you can do:  I've installed a brand new Sprite muffler on
a Spitfire 1500.  It sounded awesome.  The big block 1500 exhausting
through the small bore muffler sounded like a trumpet solo.  I loved
driving my Sprite behind his Spitfire.  Both cars had the same muffler
but sounded very different.  The Spit was borderline loud though.

Ulix