RE: Muffler Customizing

Subject: RE: Muffler Customizing
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 12:26:13 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
> IMHO... if you're worried only about restriction the best setup is to hang a
> glass pack type muffler right under the driver (at unfortunately the lowest
> point under our LBCs) and then dump it out on the driver side just in front
> of the rear wheel.
>
> -Drew

For a race application that is what is often done.  But for a street car,
the right length of exhaust pipe adds torque.

I read in a Mini magazine that even the reduced length of a center exit
vs. a side exit exhaust on a Mini results in a loss of power.
Hard to believe.

http://students.washington.edu/~ulix/         '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9