Re: spark plug

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: spark plug
From: Bkitterer@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 00:44:17 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 11/14/99 3:55:48 AM, carolien@coastalnet.com writes:

<< I had the strangest thing happen to me when I wasn driving the car around
last week on a particulary beautiful afternoon. After about 40 miles or so
all of a sudden the car is running terrible. Something was definitely wrong,
so I pull over and ope the bonnet and saw the problem immediately. The car
is running on 3 cylinders because one of the spark plugs is broken off!!The
top metal part is broken off. What would cause something like this??? I
haven't fixed it yet, but it seems like an easy fix; just put in another
spark plug, but I thought it was a strange thing to happen.Carol '59 Bugeye.

Hi Carolien,

Two thoughts.  One is that the socket got at an angle when installing the
plug and cracked the ceramic.  The other is a manufacturing flaw.  We had
three plugs that the center electrode came lose after some miles and were
sliding up and down in then ceramic.

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk III (Trevor) in progress