Re: Solenoid to starter cable

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Solenoid to starter cable
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 10:20:03 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 11/21/99 10:38:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< Among the numerous irritations afflicting my starter system, I noticed that
 the insulation and plastic/rubber connector on the wire that joins the
 starter and solenoid have melted, on the solenoid side. >>

The connection can easily overheat if the nut isn't tightened completely.
The solenoid carries a lot of current thru to the starter.  When you replace
the cable, make sure everything is tight.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport