Re: 1972 MG Midget Dash

To: "Vincent Pina" <vping@optonline.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1972 MG Midget Dash
From: Bob Spruck <bspruck@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 15:23:46 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Vincent:
Lots of luck finding an uncracked dash. I bought a dash Cover-Lay a few
years ago for my '72 and have had no problems with it since. It looks good
and you can hardly tell it is not part of the original dash. I paid about
$35 but they are now closer to $50 in the usual catalogs. The success in
installing it is to cut away all the bad stuff and glue it down properly
with weights to hold it in place. I took the windshield off to do it right.
All the parts cars I have include sun-cracked and burst dashes.
Bob
Sharpsburg, GA
originally Massapequa, LINY

At 06:55 PM 12/04/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello list.
>I am searching high & low for an uncracked dash for my Midget. Anyone with
>any leads or a crack free dash please e-mail me.
>
>I am located in LI, NY.
>
>Thanks
>Vincent W. Pina
>72 Midget