Re: Wheel Weights

To: Brad Fornal <toyman@htcomp.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wheel Weights
From: Bob Spruck <bspruck@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 15:12:16 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Brad:
In racing circles, we use tape on weights. They don't mar the wheel. They
can be put on in any location, not only on the circumfrence of the wheel
but also on the back side of the wheel in close to the hub. On my Midget
with 5.5 " Western wheels, I have to be careful that the tie rods don't
knock the weights off, so I have to position the weight more to the inside
of the wheel. I also use 200MPH tape to cover the entire weight so it won't
come off. ( I don't drive 200 MPH obviously, that's just what we call the
tape. I think it came from the aircraft industry.)

Bob Spruck

At 07:17 AM 12/04/1999 -0600, you wrote:
>OK, Larry Macy, I am about to be a fool for your three minute timeframe.
>I went ot look at the Minilite page and under the warranty section it
>mentions The TOP TEN reasons why they would void the warranty (ok ,just
>9, sue me). REASON #1: Unauthorized alteration of the wheels. REASON #8:
>Clip on wheel balancing weights.
>ALL RIGHT, my question is: if you can't use clip on weights like
>EVERYONE I have ever seen balance a tire does, and you can't drill and
>grind like you would to balance your piston weight, HOW DO YOU BALANCE
>THESE TIRES!?!?!?  Or are they just a look good but don't use option?
>BTW, REASON #4: Competition use.  Does that rule out the courses that
>are set up at club meets?
>I know that me tight, but at $207 a wheel with a extremely vauge
>warranty. Does anyone have any idea what Panasport offers warranty wise?
>Their website doesn't offer any info. Thanks in advance.
>                                                       Feelin' kinda
>stupid right about now,    Brad
Bob Spruck
Sharpsburg, GA