Re: Is that transmission any good?

To: George Procyshyn <geopro@cyberdrive.net>
Subject: Re: Is that transmission any good?
From: Mike Maclean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 11:53:03 -0800
Cc: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
A while ago, I bought a ribcase trans from someone on this list for
$50.  When I took the side cover off, inspection such as it was revealed
only slight wear on the exposed gear teeth.  I decided this tobe a good
alternative when I finally admit my Bugeye would be better off with a
1275 in it.  The problem is, it is leaking at the joint behind the bell
housing and a couple other places that have gaskets.  Is there any way
to intall new gaskets and sealer without a complete teardown?
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite