Re: E-bay

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: E-bay
From: "Stefan Roundy" <stefanr@bealenet.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 14:35:10 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I feel the same way. I wonder if these folks will be so keen to keep the
bidders away when it is their item they are trying to sell? Maybe they
should start another list of Spridget members who would bid against each
other, but only when another enthusiast has placed a spare part up for
auction. When large corporations get caught fixing bids, someone usually
goes to jail. I've never sold anything on E-bay and don't know if I ever
will, but should the opportunity ever arise it would be nice to know that
there isn't a club with hundreds of members either asking, or pressuring
other members to keep away. What's wrong with a free market...let the chips
fall where they may. If someone wants to pay $100 for a $20 part, who
cares???  If someone needs something for their car and can't afford what
others are bidding, let him post his request on a bulletin board, or ask
those on this list for a reasonable example. It surely isn't right to
interfere with commerce in order to try to "steal" the part. I'd be
interested to hear if others feel my comments are out of line.
Cheers!
Stefan