Re: E-bay

To: <type79@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: E-bay
From: "David Riker" <davidr@sunset.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 20:23:56 -0800
Cc: "Spridget Mail List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Jay:
My response, while only intending good, was obviously nieve of  online
auction etiquette.  I don't trust e-bay, and have never offered anything for
sale on it, nor purchased anything there.  I just know that if I was
standing next to a friend at a swap meet and he said "hey, a widget, I need
one of those" and I had one that I could give him or sell him for less, I
would offer it up.

Our hobby makes us all both buyers and sellers.  As buyers, we all want the
best deal.  As sellers, we usually want top dollar (unless it is just to
make room).  Seems most of the time that listers ask if any body has a
widget on the list before bidding anyway.
David Riker
74 Midget
78 Midget
63 Falcon