Re: Title/Plates Cost

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, KGROWLER@aol.com
Subject: Re: Title/Plates Cost
From: "Danny Rendleman" <dannyr@flint.umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 11:44:08 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
$29 plate fee for my 74 Midget; $89 for our 97 Honda  Accord
coupe.

Danny

From:                   KGROWLER@aol.com
Date sent:              Tue, 28 Dec 1999 09:59:33 EST
Subject:                Title/Plates Cost
To:                     mgs@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Send reply to:          KGROWLER@aol.com

Yesterday I went to the Illinois Secretary of State's Office (which in most
other states I have resided in would be called the Department of Motor
Vehicles) to change the title of a '65 Midget I bought last spring into my
name. Normally I wouldn't bother with a car that I am not putting plates on
and driving. I usually just hang on to the signed off title until I need to
plate it. The change of plans was precipitated by a new fee schedule going in
to effect Jan. 1. The cost of converting a title is currently $13. Next week
it jumps to $65! Annual plates jump as well. This makes me curious as to what
similar fees are elsewhere. I know the $48 annual plate fee we were paying is
relatively cheap. It is jumping to $78 which still isn't bad compared to some
states. What kind of fees are assessed in other states, provinces and
countries?

Kim Tonry
Downers Grove, Illinois, USA
dannyr@flint.umich.edu