starter removal....

Subject: starter removal....
From: "R. Toby Atwater" <Toby.1969ah.1971lc@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 14:13:42 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
My Haynes manual tells me that the distributor needs to come out before my
starter can be removed.

The Factory Workshop just says something like "some components may need to
be removed before removal of the starter can be attempted".

My dad is telling me the oil filter is going to have to come out for the
starter to slip forward enough to get it outa there. Santa left me a spin-on
oil filter conversion of the M0SS kind so it may be the right time too swap
it in.

Any help is always appreciated...

Toby

P.S. I know my starter is bad. I have checked all connections, all grounds
and even jumped the starter directly to the battery with a huge set of
jumper cables. Its dead. But I found a replacement one at www.carparts.com
for $35 with tax and shipping and it comes with a slyoinid. Moss wants
something like $90 and Pep Boys wants $120 or something like that.

Thanks,