Re: expansion tank

To: Glen <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Subject: Re: expansion tank
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 21:32:53 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Glen wrote:

> What is the correct height relative to the top of the radiator to mount
> the expansion tank on a cross flow radiator?  Anything to watch out for
> when converting from a down flow?
>                                 Thanks, Glen Byrns

Steve gave you the height for the tank.
I just take out the es tank when going to a down flow.
PIECES had a X flow with tank, it now runs a down flow.
Personally, I like the down flows, they hold up longer (40 years +) and
cool just fine. All my rad problems in the past came from cross flows.
most had leaks. And changing the collant is no picknick on a cross flow.
Give me the petcock anyday.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ