Re: crossflow radiator

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, grbyrns@ucdavis.edu
Subject: Re: crossflow radiator
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 10:04:41 -0800 (PST)
Glen,

There was a major discussion on the list about this several months back, and
the
end result seemed to indicate that both types of radiators cool about the same.
I am running a 1275 with a down flow myself. One thing you absolutely need to
check is to make sure you are NOT running too lean a mixture on your carbs,
this
can cause the car to run a lot hotter than it should. Also make sure you are
not
using too much coolant VS water. If you do not use enough water in the mixture,
this can also cause it to run much hotter. The higher the percentage of H2O to
coolant, the better the heat dissipation.

Regards - Bryan Vandiver (59-bugeye)
San Jose, CA