Re: crossflow radiator

To: "Glen" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>, "Spridget Mail List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: crossflow radiator
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 20:04:09 -0800
Glen:
I have two ideas for you, I have tried them both and they work equally well.
One is a thicker radiator core.  I bought one from a company in Arizona
through my local LBC supplier called a Desert Cooler.  It is a cross flow
and fits in the stock location with no modifications.  The second is to take
a 1500 midget radiator core, flip it upside down,  and put the 1275 tanks on
it (your local radiator shop can do this).  This provides almost 20% more
surface area, but it partially blocks the air inlet for the heater/fresh air
hose where it passes through to the grill area.  Another benefit of this
installation is that you can mount two small electric fans side by side
pulling air through the radiator.  I have one of these converted radiators
sitting on the shelf in my garage right now, and would be interested in
selling it (for less than $85).  Contact me off list if interested.
David Riker
74 Midget
78 Midget
63 Falcon