Re: on the road again... a few questions.

Subject: Re: on the road again... a few questions.
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 19:12:33 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
"William M. Gilroy" wrote:

> DLancer7676@cs.com wrote:
> >
> > In a message dated 2/7/00 10:38:06 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> > wmgilroy@lucent.com writes:
> >
> > << My brother-inlaw had dog that has killed 3 skunks so far.  >>
> >
> > Man o man!!!  How are you guys training these Skunk Dogs??   Let em smell a
> > Corona Beer for the scent??  (Why else would you stick a hunk of lime in the
> > neck? )  Betcha they could get a higher premium than a Bear Dog in these
> > parts!!  LOL
> >
> > --DAvid C.
>
> His dog just likes to nuke the critters.  As for the Corona and limes,
> my understanding is this, in Mexico they used to serve Corona/beer with a
> lime wedge, but it was to be used to clean the rim of the glass, not to be
> added to the beer for flavor.  Would seem to make sense since what kind
> of dope adds citrus fruit to beer, excluding Weiss beer.
>
> Bill Gilroy

        That's one of the fads which has _really_ managed to escape my
understanding (like jeans around your knees). If the beer doesn't taste
good straight out of the bottle, then why in the name of pooh are you
drinking it? Especially since this "import" version of Budweiser comes
at premium beer prices!
        I've never put fruit in weiss beer, though (and I like weiss a _lot_).
Any recommendations? Most of the fruity beers I've tried were a bit too
sweet for me, but I like Sammy's Cherry Wheat.
        Is this getting too far off topic? Nah, couldn't be, these are British
cars.

--

MCMLXIX Sprite: Driving a slow car quickly.
1987 RX-7 TII: Driving a fast car slowly.

-