New Guy & "New" Car

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Guy & "New" Car
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 21:25:30 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Just bought a more or less restored 60 Bugeye last week.  Have been watching
this list for a few days now and its been a revelation.  I am on a list for
little tbirds and its run with an iron hand.....this is some different;
whimsy, slanted humor, wierdness and info.  All that aside Ive a few
questions that Ive not devined from the owners manual (thus far my only
reference source).
a. Was the spare tire fastened to the floor somehow?  I cant find any
evidence of this, back in that dark hole.
b. I dont have an original jack.  (help?)  Can I use a scissors jack with a
wood block and jack below the original jack point?  When putting the car on
a shop lift, jack pads go on A-arms and rear axle?
c.  I foolishly(?) would like to use the car for mini trips (Im in Florida);
is there any easy way to have your "goods" and tools secured in the "dark
hole" so as to maybe have them still there when you return from sightseeing?
Like a locking door or some such other system which would slow down an
amateur thief?
d.  The battery, as supplied, is the size of a yard tractor battery, while,
of course the compartment is huge.  What is battery number that is correct
and or fills the hole?
e.  If I have done this posting improperly, please excuse.
 Larry Cogan, Melbourne, FL