Re: Impass...day 2

To: pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Impass...day 2
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 10:12:29 EST
In a message dated 2/18/00 2:51:35 AM Eastern Standard Time,
pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com writes:

<< A very big thanks to everyone for all the advice on my distributor problem.
 I learned a lot from all of you. After sucessfully substituting a points
 dizzy temporarily, I came to my next impass. Seems the fuel pump isn't
 sucking any fuel. Is there a fix for it or do I just need to replace it?
 The shop manuals have no overhaul info, which makes me think I need a new
 one. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sorry, Gerard, but my brain is a sieve.  This is a Midget 1500?  The fuel pump
probably needs to be replaced, as long as there is no blockage in the fuel
line.  There are two, interchangeable pumps for the 1500.  One with a
spacer and one without.  If you use the one requiring the spacer without it,
the pump arm will break off and can be retrieved by dropping the oil pan.
If you use the other one with a spacer, the thing won't pump enough.

If it isn't a 1500 or you have an electric fuel pump, nevermind!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport