Re: Day 3... success at last!

To: "Guy Weller" <guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Day 3... success at last!
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 01:12:04 -0800
Guy,

Are you sure? I could feel a vacuum when I held me finger over the end. So
where does it connect? I have a rubber line that is folded over to block
the end (previous owner). I disappears under the battery tray. I'm guessing
it's a part of the evaporative loss, but can't find the connection in any
of the layout maps. Could that be the connection or does this just require
a drain line connection?

Gerard

At 8:25 AM +0000 2/19/00, Guy Weller wrote:
>Gerard,
>That pipe is the carb overflow, for when the float sticks - which it will.
>Usually carefully aligned to poor neat fuel onto a hot exhaust manifold, but
>then the engine does come from doubtfull parentage!
>Guy
>

>> The one thing I haven't been able to figure out is where the 1/4 or 3/8
>> inch vacuum connection on bottom-manifold side of the carb goes. This is a
>> brass pipe that is angle down and toward  the front of the car. Is that a
>> purge line? For now I just capped it, but if anyone knows please tell me.
>> can't seem to find any reference to it in the manuals.

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com
   A A