Re: Problem running

Subject: Re: Problem running
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 18:36:11 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
"Peter C." wrote:

> At 02:24 PM 3/10/2000 , Steven Fooshee wrote:
> >Shawn Knight wrote:
> >
> >       I got good clicking from the fuel pump when I first started it, so I
> >didn't check that. I'm going to a thinner dashpot oil, anyway, so I'll
> >certainly make sure when I get back to the car. Thanks.
>
> Thinner oil?.... is it running too rich?
> Thicker oil = richer   thinner = leaner
>
>         I'm not kidding (this time<g>)
>         Peter C

        Yeah, it's generally quite rich... when it runs..... Argh. I charged
the batt'ry up and still no long term running. I'm getting frustrated.
Also, she's putting out a bit of white smoke while she sputters. The
strangest thing is how smooth the sputtering is, eerily quiet and free
of jolting.... I'm confused (a state of being sometimes known as
"awake").
        Thanks, all, for previous suggestions. I checked the static timing, I
had it fairly close. I checked all the various bits in the dizzy and
they seem visually okay.
        I checked the float bowls and they do contain fuel, though I haven't
heard a peep from the pump since I first turned the key on.
        I've been through and learned quite a lot in the 4 or so years that
I've had this dear little beast, but this is the first time I've not
been able to make her run.
        Thanks, again, everyone. I actually got a couple of replies before I
got my own message back through the list! I guess I'm pretty far down
the pole.
        Don't forget, Formula One starts tonight, And Sebring next weekend.
--

1987 RX-7 TII: Stops making power at about 7000 rpm.
1990 GS 500-E: Starts making power at about 7000 rpm.

-