Re: Shocking development

To: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: Shocking development
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 09:22:04 -0800
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Larry Macy wrote:
> Now, how are they
> bad?? Can I fill with oil? are they shot? I got them 3 yrs ago, 15K
> miles, rebuilt, from Moss. Should I add fluid, and if so what weight?

Larry

You did good with 15K on moss shocks. Most likely they were Apple
rebuilds.
Send them to Peter, he does them the right way. He took one look at a
rebuilt shock I brought him off the A40 and said "Apple" just by
looking. He also showed me what they do and how he does it.
I have had 2 sets of Apple shocks go bad without warning, they were fine
one day and totally shot the next.
When Apple did my bugeye shocks they rebuilt all 4 and stuck a note in
the box with the rebuilt shocks saying I have an oblong mounting hole on
one of the rear shocks. Gee, thanks for telling me AFTER you rebuilt it!
I did have about a dozen cores I could have sent them. But maybe I
should have examined the cores I sent more closely. I'm sure Peter would
have told the customer that they send a bum shock BEFORE he rebuilt it.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ