Re: 5 Speed Prices

To: Kroyell@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 5 Speed Prices
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 20:49:02 -0800
Paul Asgeirsson pasgeirsson@juno.com, (of this list) makes a nice one

and

http://rivergate5speed.com/rivergate.html

These both use the Datsun 5 speed and don't require any chassis
modifications. There are a couple others that are a bit more costly or
difficult to install that use different gearboxes.

Personally, I like Paul's kit the best. You should find it to be the
easiest and most cost effective to install.  I haven't installed one (yet),
but have seen the kit in person and it's well thought out and made. I did
have the chance to drive David Ramsey's car with the 5 speed, and the
transmission feels very natural in the car (as soon as you get used to the
extra gear, no gear noise in first and the 1st gear synchro). Send Paul an
email for the whole story and pricing.

Gerard

At 11:25 PM -0500 3/27/00, Kroyell@aol.com wrote:
>Hi all
>
>It has been my desire to switch to a 5 speed with all the good reports coming
>from
>the list.  Now I need to know what is the best & most cost effective way to
>make that
>change?  What is the best source for the conversion kit? If there more than 1
>company making them.
>
>Thanks in advance for all the valuable info.
>
>York Powell
>72 Midget

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A